Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR CITY OF PHOENIX HOUSING DEPARTMENT
Online Waiting List Pre-Application
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you applied for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program in 2023, you can now register on our Applicant Portal using the confirmation number you received when you submitted your pre-application. If you were identified as having submitted multiple pre-applications and you had multiple confirmation numbers, you will be contacted via mail with the confirmation number you will need to register for the Applicant Portal.
The Applicant Portal is your one-stop destination to:
- Check the status of your pre-application.
- Easily update any information that may have changed since you initially submitted your pre-application.
To get started, click Here to either register or log into your existing Applicant Portal account.
Before you begin the application process, please have available your social security card, names and dates of birth of all family members. Also, you will need income of all family members. Make sure you have typed correctly all information. HAVE PAPER AND PEN READY TO WRITE DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER.
Submit only ONE application to the City of Phoenix Housing Department (COPHD). Duplicate forms will not be accepted.
Disclaimer Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application information, you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by COPHD.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Arizona law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to COPHD or any other housing authority are not eligible to receive assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The COPHD does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities. The COPHD does not discriminate under the Fair Housing Act, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, or Title II of the ADA.
Enter your Agent Code here...
Click Start Here button to start the pre-application for all available waiting list. You can only submit one application per household. Be sure to select all the available waiting list that you want to apply to, you will not be able to change or modify your submission until the pre-application period is over.